Monday, 27 June 2011

I LOVE YOU CARD

I LOVE YOU CARD


Do you ever buy a set of stamps and then wonder what your going to do with them? Well this is one of those stamp sets. I loved the design and l could see lots of ideas when l say it being demonstrated.


Well here is my card that l made in the end.


MATERIALS NEEDED


Funky Floral Stamp Set

2 x A4 Card

Black Oil Based Ink Pad

Water Colouring Pens or Paint Box

Paint Brushes

Foliage Big and Juicy Ink Pad

30” White Ribbon [Check you can colour the ribbon]

Water Colour Pen/Aqua Marker,

Spray Bottle Water

2 Dies From the Oval Scalloped Nestibilities range

Caliber

Sizzix Empossing Plate

Tea Dye Ink Pad

12” x 12” Paper stock for covering card front

Strong Glue

Acitate sheet 6” x 2” will be enough

Crafting stock ie scissors, glue pen etc.

HOW TO MAKE UP



Firstly l took the 3 stamps that matched and then stamped them out on water proof paper.


Then using my Dual Tip Watercolour ma

rkers l set about giving them a distressed water wash. When they were dry l just cut them out using a pair of scissors not being to careful but leaving all the stamped image viable.

Using a Tea Dye Distressing Ink l edged all layers.

When all of them had been cut out l started to build up the flowers by layering the middle flower on the base and then the small flower onto the stack.

When dry careful

l rolled and crumpled them up leaving them for a while l then carefully unwrapped them. To make them even more built up l folded in half and then in half again. I wanted to break down where the glue w

as and to make it more pliable.


Taking my gelly roll glitter pen l just scribbled on the coloured part of the image and not the ink part used w

hen stamping.


When l was happy with the way they looked l then cut out a few lengths of approx 2” and 1/2” width,

folding over a small part over l then applied a strong gel glue onto the folded area and then placed onto the flow

er. I did this for all flowers.


I had to leave these flowers aside over night so that it set as l was going to repeat the other end when l was goin

g to glue to the card.

The topper was made up of using sever smaller parts of the stamp sets. Just wanted to create a backing paper. For this l used one of my Big and Juicy ink pads, as l was going to then spritz with water so that the stamped images would 'leak out' giving a soft image. You can control the effect by building up the water sray. Remember you cant remove water so little and often till your happy with the effect.


When l was happ

y l used a Cosmic Shimmer Mist just to add that little bit of colour to the topper.

When dry l used one of my Sizzix embossing plates as it is a large format. We sometimes forget that these are here and are very good for embossing. I passed them through my Calibur using the new Embossing Plate. However it did warp the plate up a bit so l don’t think l would do this often and will keep to the big shot which they are made for.

Taking a sand paper block l gave the surface a sanding just to distress the surface. Edges were then inked using Tea Dye Distressing Ink.


Using the lar

gest of the Oval Scalloped Grand Die l cut out a gold sheet. Then using 2 dies smaller l cut out the 'Printed' layer.


As lm a tight cr

after l also took the opportunity to put a few of my smaller dies into the middle of the gold paper to cut out and use for a later date. I did make sure that these cut outs did not infringe on the exposed a

rea when l mat and layered the two layers together.


Taking one of the A4 cards l was going to use to make the card l secured a decorative paper and trimmed to

size. Using the Tea Dye Ink l edged the card.

The ribbon was white but with the use of a brown Aqua marker on a tile and a spritz of water the ribbon became a distressed colour. When l was happy with the colour of the ribbon into knots and let dry7 as l wanted it to be 'antiqued'.


Just cutting

enough to go round the front l cut a slit in the side and passed through the ribbon.

Securing at both ends on the inside of the card.

Just gathered up the ribbon folded in half and made a bow.


When l was happy with the topper and then ribbon all l needed to do was secure the flowers into place. By f

olding over the other end of the acetate l used a strong glue and secured into place. The flowers needed some support to dry for a few minutes. Once the glue has taken hold you can remove the support.

There you have it a 3 Dimentional card that will let the flowers move and look as if they are floating over the page.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your message here. As soon as it has been verified it will be shown on the blog. This is to just keep out spammers and people who would like to sell their products and not show an interest in what they have see on my blog. Thanks for your patience in this matter