Sunday, 15 January 2012
Polka Doodles Challenge Week 3–Nikky’s Sketch No 2.
This is the 2nd challenge of the year for me for P.D and its a sketch again. This kind of challenge to me is very important as it gives you the opportunity to work with-in guide lines from an idea. It does not mean you have to keep to the ‘sketch’ line by line but gives you an idea of how to approach the project.
For this challenge i went to what is becoming a fav. of mine Sugar Birdies CD-Rom *COLLECTORS EDITION. [So many images that you can use for any occasion. I can highly recommend this cd.]
2 Sheets of White Card Stock
From the cd l printed out: 1 x A4 Backing sheet and 1 x A4 sheet for my circle cut out.
The Topper of my choice as well as the sentiment of my choice.
1 of the Ribbons that are available.
2 copies of the flower that had not been coloured [if you want you can print out one from the loads that are already coloured and put onto the cd.
Inks used: Victorian Velvet, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick and Fired brick
Various Pro - Markers that i had in my collection [I have not stated which ones as i did'nt want to put you guys off from using this stamp image and you may not have them in your crafty collection as they are not a cheap item].
1 A5 sheet of Soft Pink Glitter Card
Small Button threaded with some thread of your choice.
Stamps from a range by Trimcrafts called CLG STMP Flower Girl
Gloss and Glitter Pens
This is the original sketch idea that Nikky submitted for us to use for our inspiration.
All the papers were taken from the Sugar Birdies CD. all l did was taking various Distressing inks that were in the same colour range ie Red/Pink/Purple. After i had covered my base card with the checked paper i then using my Caliber i cut out the circle layer.
I used the scalloped die range rather than the plain circle as when it was inked i could show the edge a lot more. The ribbon was printed out edged with ink and then folded into a concertina and then unfolded to give some depth. After i had printed out the sentiment i cut it out carefully and then secured into place on more of a rectangle than a square. [I was using a heavy glittered card its best to use some silicon glue. I have found that the one from Pinflare is the best as it is smell free, also as l have an allergy to some compounds this does not give ne a rash like some have, also who wants to find gloves every time you want to secure onto a surface?]
The stamped images were stamped out, as i was layering i had to make a mask of the basket image so i can stamp the cat behind the basket. Coloured using Prom Markers and then cut out. Just to add some Glitz i used my glitter and gloss pens that we have in our stocks. [If you dont may i make a small suggestion... keep your eyes open in shops for those sets of Glitter pens. They can make a simple topper look like you have spent a lot of time on it. I also recommend that if you can find the pennies obtain a clear glitter pen as well as a clear gloss pen. The gloss pen is worth its weight in gold when you want to do just a little part of the topper.]
It did not need anything done to it as its just perfect as it is. I felt the card needed something else so l printed out two of the flowers and then using my promarkers coloured it in
Adding a Pink button that had been threaded with some ‘Butchers’ string.
I deliberately secured the topper of the card of the card shape. There is no rule that states you have to have all your images within that frame of a card, so experiment and see how things look when they are not kept within that card size. I mean we can make an envelope to match, and its worth it for that special card to that special person.
So there you have it a simple card that was constructed by using elements from one cd. Its a great feeling when everything falls into place and is easy to do.
Hope this might inspire you to try one or two of the elements i have talked about in this blog. If you want to know anything else please contact me and i will get back to you as soon as possible.