FLOWER IN AN OLD BOTTLE

Country Flowerr in an Old Jar

This card was made using my now fav. set of stamps by GRAPHIC 45 called ‘OLDE CURIOSITY SHOPPE 2’ that is available from THATS CRAFTY web site. I can recommend a visit as stock is added all the time. But l must warn you you can get lost in time while your looking at all the goodies available.Graphic 45 Cling Mounted Stamp Set -  Olde Curiosity Shoppe 2

 

I wanted to make a simple Male themed card that included a flower in it. This is the result, l hope that you like what you see and it might inspire you to try to make something similar yourself when your next in the market for a Male Themed card.

MATERIALS NEEDED:

1 7” x 8” card [I used a dark Copper coloured card here. You can overlay black card stock with paper to get the desired result

Set of Graphic 45 Stamps ‘Olde Curiosity Shoppe 2’

1 8”x8” Brown Wrapping paper

8” length of Dark Brown Lace

8” Coloured Ribbon

Vintage Photo Distressing Ink Pad

1 Tube Glossy Accents 

As l was stamping in layers it gave me the chance to test out my new toy. The FISKARS Easy Stamp Press For those who find holding a smaller Stamping block difficult then this is a great crafting tool that will enable you to get great results and enjoyment again from stamping. Its comes in 2 sizes and you can use stamps up to 5”x7” with the larger size

Fiskars Easy Stamp Press

The Butterfly and flower came from a stamp set called ‘British Wild Flowers, by Creative Expressions. They might not be in stock at That’s crafty, however there are lots of other stamps that can be used, if your looking for a suggestion can l suggest you looking at the following set of stamps by Artemio – Floral Silhouettes – Floral Butterflies

Artemio Clear Stamp Set - Floral Butterflies - 10001005Artemio Clear Stamp Set - Floral Silhouettes - 10001070

Text Embossing Folder with Birthday as the text.

Distressing Tool. I have used the Tim Holtz Tonic Studio Paper Distresser

4”x7” White Card Stock.

1 Victorian Velvet Distressing Marker

Normal Crafty Stash Equipment and Tools ie Glues. Blending Tool/Pads, Water colouring brushes.

Glitter Pen/Gold Pen

 

HOW TO MAKE:

Taking my embossing plate l ran the desired sandwich and the brown paper through my big shot. When l removed the paper l tore down both edges, trying to keep a straight line but l didn't want to be precise about it.

This was then secured into the middle of the card front. Please take care when your handling brown wrapping paper after it has been distressed as it can become very fragile and can tear where you don't want it to. So l suggest using a wet glue for this and not a tape runner.

Taking the bottle from the stamp collection l stamped the bottle using the Vintage Photo Ink Pad. Before l then cleaned my stamp l took my scrape paper and stamped out another image. This will now become my mask for later use. Out of the bottle labels l picked out the one l wanted and secured onto my Fiskars Stamping Block. I was able to hover over my bottle image and then make sure l was able to over stamp and be within the bottle shape.

Taking the ‘Mask’ that l had cut out l place it on top of the bottle image. I wanted this to be in place as l was going to stamp the flower next. It had to be only seen to be coming out of the top of the bottle. Again with the aid of the Fiskars l was able to look above and place the stamp in the right position.

Taking my Victorian Velvet marker l just scribbled it onto a white tile. Then using the water brush l coloured the bottle in just high lighting it to give some depth.The same was done using the Vintage Photo on the bottle label.

A simple Butterfly stamp was used to give the image some balance. The stamped image was then given a blast with my heat gun to dry and fix. Then taking my glitter roll and gold pen l highlighted the flowers and Butterfly. Being careful not to go over the top, I just wanted to enhance the image.

When l was happy that the image was dry and all the embellishment had been don l took the Glossy Accents and filled in the bottle with this medium. The idea was to make the bottle look real and 3 dimensional. This was then placed to one side and allowed to air dry.

This gave me the opportunity to secure the lace and ribbon onto the card. If you don't have a dark brown lace then you can use your Alcohol pens or Distressing inks to colour it.

Do not be scared to add colour to this style of card. The Victorian Velvet is pulled in using the Pink Ribbon.

When the Glossy Accents had dried, taking my distressing tool l attacked the edges of the stamped image after it had been trimmed down to size. When l was happy, taking the Vintage Photo Distressing Ink and my Blending Tool l distressed all the edges, not being to careful and brought the edges into the middle very lightly.

To me a pure white centre when you have distressed the edges and your going for a Aged feel does not look right. I just want to tone down the white, there is not a lot of colour, in fact you have to look hard but the while has been toned down.

When l was happy with the result l secured the topper onto my card.

There you have it a Card for a Male that has a Pink Ribbon and a Flower and Butterfly on it. Saying that this card can be given to anyone, I just wanted to show that you don’t have to just use the plain colours when making a Male themed card.

Throw convention out of the window and go for it!

Any problems or questions drop me a line and l will do my best to help out asap.

Thanks for reading and l hope it inspires you to try some thing similar next time your thinking about making a Male Themed Card

Happy Crafting

Take Care

Alan

Comments

Popular Posts