This card was finaly made from elements from 2 styalised stamp sets from PAPERARTSY called HOT PICKS 1203 and HOT PICKS 1205. They are both available from THATS CRAFTY on line store.
A4 Card made up from your card stock
12” x 12” sheet of backing paper.
A4 sheet of Gold Paper
Cereal Box cut into A5.
Walnut Stain Flakes
Martha Stewart Edge Punch
Tim Holts Distressing Stain Old Paper/ Walnut Stain
Distressing Ink Pads: Walnut Stain - Rusty Hinge – Spiced Marmalade – Vintage Photo – Black Soot
Tube Glossy Accents
Water colouring Medium [Aqua markers/ Paints]
Strong Double Sided Tape
Normal items from your Crafting Goodies ie.: Scissors, Craft knife, Ruler etc.
HOW IT WAS MADE:
This card did not start out as it finally looked. You know when your three quarters way through a card and you just turn around to pick something up and then on returning you look at the card and think OH NO THATS NOT GOING TO WORK!
Well this was one of those moments.
So l put aside what l had down and carefully cut out all the images l wanted. Like the Bottle. That had been given a light green water wash and then using a high gloss gel l in fact created a home made Epoxy Sticker.
When l tried to remove the topper from the card as careful as l was it did tear. So this is where with some gold paper and a Martha Stewart punch l managed to cover up what damage l had made.
The rest of the area was covered up by using a larger topper that was made from the inside of a cereal packet. I never throw them away as they are perfect for cutting out shapes using my Cricut and eCraft machine’s.
Right then the bottle was originally made on the old card. Carefully cutt6ing it out l then gave the edges a going over with an old make up sponge and Black Soot Ink. This blended to sides and it covered up those areas that were left white after cutting it out from the original topper.
The flower was also cut out but this time l only used the centre portion. This when l cut it out l snipped into the centre to give a look of feathering. The Butter fly was also cut out and this time was edges in the Black Soot Ink.
I had to now re-stamp the main flower. However this this time l had something to work with, The original time l stamped l had to work out where the bottle was in comparison to the flower stem and then mask etc. I didn't have to worry about it now as l just had to secure the bottle over the stem and WHAM there you had it. Job done!
After l had stamped the flower and the Butterfly into place l had the chance to play with something new that has been delivered into my crafting stash. Walnut Stain. Its something that Altered Artists among others have used. It comes in flacks and can be melted into a liquid by just using hot water.
This was the first time l have used it and its just a wonderful product to give you that aged look. I placed a few flakes onto the wet card and rubbed in. I do this with coffee [Another wonderful crafting aging product along with tea bags [clean ones please lol]
I was very impressed with what it had done to the card and lm looking forward to exploring this more over the coming months.
Now all l had to do when the card was dry was in fact to build up the card. I secured the bottle over the stem, glues the butterfly over the stamped image and finally after moulding the flower centre to give some definition that was glued.
I looked at the card and something was missing…….
I didn't want a ribbon to go over all the front of the card as it was aimed for a Male. So by carefully making a slit into the card l was able to thread the ribbon through [which had also been treated with the Walnut Stain] this way it anchored the card.
I don't put a sentiment or a theme on my cards if l can help it. This way it up to you to maybe grab a hint here aor a style from there and bring it into your own crafting and theme of card.
If you have any questions please send me a message and l will do my best to help you.
Happy Crafting and Take Care.
All the BEST