Crafty Card Makers - Challenge 62 A Recipe, 1,2,3




A Recipe 1,2,3 - 1 Image (preferably stamped), 2 Background Papers and 3embelishments. The embellishments must include 1 heart.
I have been itching to use this range of stamps from Kanban. This challenge was perfect for this stamp set as it had a heart in it!

Ist Element Stamped Image.... I stamped out the cake and then using a paper mask i over stamped the cup. This gave me my stamped image. 1 down 2 more elements to go.

2 Back ground papers.. As l was going to give this card a masculine feel i decided to go with a Black and White feel. Once again i didn't have many papers in my collection that i have bought so i went to my design program and came up with these two that worked together. So this was going to be Element 2 finished.

Now then the final element 3 embellishments. As the cup-cake had a heart shaped cherry in the design, i coloured it un using a red glitter pen and then secured into place a red Heart embellishment. The next one was a bumble bee that i had cut out from one of the nestibilitie dies i have in my collection. I felt a little humour would not go a miss on this card. The 3rd embellishment was the steam. This was done by trimming down a leafy die cut shape again from spellbinders. This would give the steam effect. I also covered up the join of the two papers by covering it up with a card ribbon again cut out using a metal die from spellbinders.

The text was from my Xyron Runner. I have to hold up my hand and admit that i do not use this machine as much as i should do. 2012 will be a year that l do start to use it more.

Any questions please send me a message and i will do my best to help you out.

Happy Crafting

Alan

Comments

Popular Posts